cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV guide unavailable(M50) and or showing TO BE ANNOUNCED

posit
Joining in

1st call to VM (short for Very Mediocre) resulted in ages on the phone doing various things with rebooting/amending settings etc then told that it will all be ok in 24Hrs - guess what - your right it wasn't.

2nd call to VM  resulted in ages on the phone doing various things with rebooting/amending settings etc then told we will send you a booster free of charge. I queried why would I suddenly need a booster when everything had previously been fine, and the fact that the TV box is 3ft from the HUB ! To be told "just follow the instructions when it arrives and everything will be fine" 

Anyone had similar problem?

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Assuming you genuinely have a V6, this is entirely indicative of a box without a working internet connection. The V6 connects to your homehub for the internet, so...

How is your V6 connected to your homehub? If it's 3 feet away, I would like to think this is by an Ethernet wired cable, but are you using that or wireless?

Regardless of the answer, follow (on your V6 remote) Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network, and report what is shown in the top-right.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I believe it's wireless.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If it's wired, you'll have an Ethernet cable running form your V6 to your homehub.

As per my previous post, follow Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network, and report what's shown in the top-right corner. This is where the connection status is displayed.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for your post @posit, can you tell me if you've been able to follow the helpful advice from @japitts?

I would also second the advice of using an Ethernet cable if possible, and you should have been provided one from our team with the set top box. Is connecting via Ethernet cable possible?

Do you have issues running any applications on the V6 box? 

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

They've sent a booster!

Seems to be working at the moment.

Just find it strange that I suddenly need a booster for my box to connect to the hub when it's 3 ft away, when it was working ok previously.