Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

TV going on and off

My TV - connected to TiVo box - goes off and on multiple times when it is first switched on. It is worse when my Firestick is connected. Recently the TV has started to do this at any time and not just when it is first turned on. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV going on and off

Hello

Welcome to the community virginmedia forum.

Is the TV turning off or is the TIVO box turning off, not clear in your post.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello

If it actually the TV then I would check the mains socket is secure, is the TV just going into standby or fully off ?

If it goes fully off and back on sound like a loose connection or power related issue.

Does it happen without the firestick ?

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Or do you mean your TV Picture is going on & off?

It may be this is a HDMI handshake issue, but as it gets worse when another HDMI source is connected it may point to an issue with auto switching of the HDMI ports.

VIP pack with VIVID 350. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The TV goes off - sometimes comes back on almost instantly, sometimes takes a few seconds. Without the Firestick it goes on and off about 6 times when it is first switched on. With the Firestick in it can be double that. 

During the course of watching it on an evening it usually randomly goes of and back on 2 or 3 times.

Thanks for your time

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

yes the TV goes off - comes back on with the smarttv logo. Is there a solution to what you say it could be? Thanks for your time.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello

At this point I would say with certainly a power related issue could any number of things I think it may be time to get the TV looked at.

Mike

0 Kudos