Menu
lazybill
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

TV error code 7400

Set up my second box upstairs. Went through the initial process but I have no channels and it says error code 7400. 

Called Virgin and went through the automated checking process which said all was fine but it obviosuly isn't. Gave it a few days in case activation was slow but it is still not working.

Can anyone help? It is very frustrating.

Thanks

Billy 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
paul0363
Rising star
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV error code 7400

Looks like you need to call it in (and speak to someone)...

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-error-codes/7400/step2

I'd call as soon as they open in the morning (8am) as the queue shouldn't be as bad then.

You could also send a text with a description of the problem to 07533 051809. Your message will be queued but someone will get back to you (although it could take a couple of days)

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi the box needs activating call 0800 9539500 that is the activation no have your account no area code and serial number of the box to hand. Regards Micky
Coup27
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

0800 9539500

I have the same problem as lazybill and I've just tried this number but it assumes you want to activate new equipment which we don't. We want to activate old equipment which has been sitting around for ages. Eventually you end up selecting something like "any other issue" and then you get lumped in a queue with who knows how many other people because despite being a phone company there is no notification of where abouts you are in the queue.

I'm completely stuck with Virgin at the moment. When I took my package out years ago it came with two V6 boxes even though I only wanted one. The engineer plugged in one box and gave me the other to store. I rang in February to cancel one box and I was told the box I was storing was the master box associated with the account and I needed to switch boxes to be able to cancel a box. I was not told at the time the master box would need to be reactivated given it hadn't been used for so long.

Obviously Coronavirus has happened since then and now it is impossible to get through on the phone. I know things aren't ideal for them either but my income has been greatly reduced and I could have saved hundreds of pounds by now if I had been able to swap boxes and reduced my package much sooner. The irony isn't lost on me either that I've been charged £5 a month for years for a second box (which I didn't even want) despite it actually being deactivated. It would have been nicer if the £5 had been removed from my account once the box was deactivated and then re-applied if the box was reused again.

Also if you log in and want to change your package yourself you can only "upgrade" and add services not remove them. To remove them you have to ring up which is impossible right now.

I've also just seen Virgin are in the middle of yet another national service outage so there's no point ringing again today.

0 Kudos
Coup27
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

0800 9539500

I have the same problem as lazybill and I've just tried this number but it assumes you want to activate new equipment which we don't. We want to activate old equipment which has been sitting around for ages. Eventually you end up selecting something like "any other issue" and then you get lumped in a queue with who knows how many other people because despite being a phone company there is no notification of where abouts you are in the queue.

I'm completely stuck with Virgin at the moment. When I took my package out years ago it came with two V6 boxes even though I only wanted one. The engineer plugged in one box and gave me the other to store. I rang in February to cancel one box and I was told the box I was storing was the master box associated with the account and I needed to switch boxes to be able to cancel a box. I was not told at the time the master box would need to be reactivated given it hadn't been used for so long.Obviously Coronavirus has happened since then and now it is impossible to get through on the phone. I know things aren't ideal for them either but my income has been greatly reduced and I could have saved hundreds of pounds by now if I had been able to swap boxes and reduced my package much sooner. The irony isn't lost on me either that I've been charged £5 a month for years for a second box (which I didn't even want) despite it actually being deactivated. It would have been nicer if the £5 had been removed from my account once the box was deactivated and then re-applied if the box was used.

Also if you log in and want to change your package yourself you can only "upgrade" and add services and not remove them. To remove them, you have to ring up which is impossible right now.

I've also just seen Virgin is in the middle of yet another national service outage so there's no point ringing again today.

0 Kudos
Coup27
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Why does my post keep being deleted? Is that what happens around here? Instead of helping people we just delete their posts?

0 Kudos
lazybill
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the suggestions guys. Managed to get it resolved by calling their upgrades team on 0800 052 0701.

Eventually got through, explained the problem and they connected me to the technical support team who activated the service from their end and after a restart it worked. It did take a while getting through and then getting transferred but overall I'm happy it is sorted.

Cheers

Billy

Coup27
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

How long did you have to queue for? It sounds like the upgrade team were able to queue jump you with the technical team?

0 Kudos