Menu
CHRISCAFC
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

TV error again and again

For the past 12 months or so my TV6 TV picture has had pixelation on and off, sometimes lasting days. Had at 3/4  Engineers round, one a few days ago,  but again a few days after they called its back and TV unwatchable. Tried everything, Reboots don't work, and now feel my only option is to leave. Can anyone from Virgin help as I don't fancy waiting on hold for hours again.  I must add that its not the TV as everything else, including freeview is ok. Also the second box upstairs (not V6 one of the bigger older ones) is fine.

Engineers changed the box last year, changed the connections at wall and also outside house. New cable too.

Virgin - can anyone please help?

Thanks

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV error again and again

Pixellated pictures on live TV are often the sign of a signal fault. If you've rebooted your box once, then there's likely a fault somewhere, so call VM and report it. You're likely to need either an engineer visit or a replacement box, depending on what VM's remote diagnostics turn up. They can do these while you're on the phone to them.

You've mentioned that your second box upstairs - a TiVo by the sounds but check here - is ok. That makes troubleshooting easy - can you swap the boxes around?

If the pixellation fault follows the V6, it's got a problem. If the fault transfers to the TiVo, then there's a problem with your internal cabling.

Once you know which, then you can either call in (should be quickest) to report it, or wait on here (maybe a couple of days) for a staff response.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

ozsat
Community elder
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

A faulty cable connection can cause this too.  Try swapping over the two short white leads the connect to the back on the V6 and see if the fault moves.

@japitts wrote:

Pixellated pictures on live TV are often the sign of a signal fault. If you've rebooted your box once, then there's likely a fault somewhere, so call VM and report it. You're likely to need either an engineer visit or a replacement box, depending on what VM's remote diagnostics turn up. They can do these while you're on the phone to them.

You've mentioned that your second box upstairs - a TiVo by the sounds but check here - is ok. That makes troubleshooting easy - can you swap the boxes around?

If the pixellation fault follows the V6, it's got a problem. If the fault transfers to the TiVo, then there's a problem with your internal cabling.

Once you know which, then you can either call in (should be quickest) to report it, or wait on here (maybe a couple of days) for a staff response.

@japitts wrote:

==================================
VIVID 600 (690/44mb) in Area 31
Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi @CHRISCAFC,

Thank you for your post, and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am so sorry to hear that you've been facing these ongoing issues with your TV services. That must be very frustrating.

I can see that from other members of the community in this thread that you've been advised to call and speak with the team, and also to do some troubleshooting involving swapping the boxes/connections. Can you confirm if you've done any of this since your post and if you need any further assistance from us today?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
CHRISCAFC
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Zach

Can't get through on telephone as long wait times, still have intermittent issues. So frustrating. Can you help ? Thanks.

0 Kudos
Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi @CHRISCAFC,

Thank you for the prompt response on this.

Did you attempt to swap the boxes/connections yet as advised by the other members of the community? If you have, can you confirm if it helped at all?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
CHRISCAFC
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

the fault is intermittent and only happens on the small v6  - cheers

0 Kudos
Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi @CHRISCAFC,

To confirm, was that also the case following a connection/box change?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

0 Kudos
CHRISCAFC
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Yes it was. Thanks

0 Kudos
Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi @CHRISCAFC,

Thank you for clarifying.

I'm going to send you a private message shortly to acquire some additional details, and from there we can investigate a little further to see what's going on.

Please check your inbox and respond to that with the requested details at your earliest convenience and we can proceed from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team