Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

TV dropping signal sporadically

Morning,

Been having issues with my V6 box - a few times today and yesterday the tv has basically dropped signal or flashed off for a couple of seconds then back on again and I've had to reboot for it to work again. The TV doesnt show no signal, the lights on the box and the router stay exactly the same and show no sign of an issue. I've rebooted the box and it continues. Checked TV service - no issues in locality. V6 has now started re-booting on its own volition. All connections are good and TV works fine. Bizarrely this happened last month at a similar time for a few days but then went ok with no intervention. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV dropping signal sporadically

Hi just wondering if you have an HDMI cable of the right specification it needs to be Ultra high speed 4K 2.0 not to expensive £5 or £6 on Amazon.Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I am having a similar problem and not sure if it is internet/wifi connection or V6 issue. Not been able to use catch up/on demand etc last two evenings and no recordings also TV guide squiffy. Got the error C230 and did as previous post and switched on/off but arrow icon continues to flash. Seems ok during the day. Fairly low user too, only a max of TV and 2 devices. Oh, and couldn't get a Virgin TV to go on my laptop. Typical that the service is not there when people need it at Christmas.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello gill139

Sorry to hear about you having issues with your TV

The error code C230 does indicate that your Box is not connected to the Internet

Can you try making sure all connections are secure 

Further help is available here 

As you post was over 2 days ago, can you let me know if you are still having issues

Gareth_L

0 Kudos