Menu
Orangesandlemon
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

TV down Croydon last 4 days!

Hi,

My Virgin TV service has been down since Thursday afternoon! (Area 03) Keep getting error code W02 but all connections are fine and have rebooted both TiVo boxes several times and nothing. I'm at a loss and never had such bad service from Virgin. Can't get through to anyone at Virgin on the phone or via messaging service. Even tried the  fault test service in my account and that says "technical error, something gone wrong with the test!

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV down Croydon last 4 days!

Check the service status via the link above. If the TV service shows as green then the issue is on your property & Virgin will have no idea you have an issue.

If you can’t get through on the phone there are plenty of tech staff on here working from home & they should respond shortly & be able to assist. Look out for posts from people with the Virgin logo next to their username.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Orangesandlemon
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nodrogd,

Thank you very much for your advice. Unfortunately I have checked the device status on Virgin’s website several times and whilst initially it said there was an issue in my area, it now says there are no issues with TV. However bizarrely when you call virgins helpline and put your account number and area code in, a recorded message says there is a complex known problem in my postcode and they are working to fix it. However It’s 4 days now since the issue started. I hope a virgin tech person will come to my aid as your suggest. Thanks very much again.

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello Orangesandlemon

Sorry about you having to come on here/

I have had a look and we do have some niggle in your area right now 

You might find that your Virgin Fibre, Virgin TV or TiVo® services are intermittent, with the picture freezing or disappearing now and then. 

This is under the Reference Number F008038800  and is due to be fixed by the 21/05/2020 at the very latest 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Orangesandlemon
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Gareth_L for your help.

Unfortunately I had only 5 random channels with the blocky pictures since Thursday afternoon. All the others had  W02 message with no picture at all. However yesterday lunchtime they came back on again. Yay! 

However I need to somehow get in touch with someone about getting a refund of the 5 days I was without service! Any ideas please?

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Great news its all back on Orangesandlemon

Thanks for letting me know 

If you check your next bill you will see a credit for 5 days loss of TV 

Gareth_L

Orangesandlemon
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Gareth_L thank you so much. You’re the only one that’s been helpful (as Facebook and Twitter advisers were horrendous), and you have saved me from cancelling my service. Take care.

0 Kudos