Menu
SpacePhoenix
Superfast
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

TV default to V6 input

On my TV in my lounge the V6 is plugged into HDMI 1 and when I turn the TV it defaults to HDMI 1 which is the input from the V6. On the TV in my bedroom even thought it's set to default to the AV side (which should be an HDMI input) it defaults to the TV (freeview). is there a way to have it default to the input from the V6? The V6 is plugged into HDMI 2 as HDMI 1 is physically blocked by the wall mounting bracket

0 Kudos
Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV default to V6 input

I guess that’s a question about your TV. Does your TV’s manual not tell you how it decides which source to connect to when taken out of standby?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
SpacePhoenix
Superfast
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The lounge TV had the old V+ box plugged into the same HDMI port and I had to manually switch over to the input for it. The only thing that I can think of is maybe HDMI 1 is wired different internally

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Legend
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

As a general rule I would advise that turning on the TV box before the TV itself should cause the TV to recognise it as an active input and display this on the TV automatically. In addition consult your TV manual for any setting which would keep the input from changing.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
SpacePhoenix
Superfast
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Think I might have fixed this, will test later. I managed to squeeze the mounting bracket along a tiny amount, just enough to clear HDMI port 1 so the HDMI from the V6 has been moved to that. Unplugged the TV aerial and a Amazon Firestick (will have to experiment to see if that was putting out a stronger input than the V6)

0 Kudos
Buzzer247
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Is it a Samsung by any chance ?

0 Kudos
SpacePhoenix
Superfast
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Panasonic Viera

0 Kudos
SpacePhoenix
Superfast
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Looks like the combination of moving the V6 to HDMI 1 and removing the Fire Stick has done the trick. It seems Ok with the aerial left in (only use Freeview for the red button teletext on the BBC)

0 Kudos