Menu
Lee001
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

TV chanels pixellating

Hi all,

Currently getting pixelation to sky sports channels 506 (F1 channel) & 507 (NFL), I have rebooted the V6 box and no change, any advice as to whatctge issue might be. Other sky sports HD channels are ok.

Thanks 

Lee

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV chanels pixellating

Hi Lee001,

Please can you check the following :- Channel 5 HD, S4C HD, Film4 HD, and Sky History 2 HD

They are all on the same frequency as the F1 and NFL channels.

If they are also pixellated it loooks like a signal issue.

Run a check on all of your connections  and coax cables and make sure they are all finger tight and not twisted.

If that doesn't rectify your pixellation problems then you will need to contact the Faults team.

You could try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of TV Faults to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

You can also call  150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, options 1,1 and 2 (Faultsbut best to call at 8am to avoid call queues

When calling Faults you will go through a series of questions/tests, if that doesn't resolve the problem then call back around 10 minutes later and an agent should pick the phone up.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Lee001
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dave,

Thank you for the reply, i've had a look at it this morning and there isn't any pixillation on the channels that you mentioned in your reply, the other channel that it happens on is the Dave HD channel, I don't know if this is on the same frequency as the others you mentioned? It normally happens when the events are live on the F1 & NFL channels, so I'll just have to keep an eye on it to see if it happens today as there is racing on the F1 channel and i'll have to report it from there. I think it might be the V6 box, as I have another V6 box in another room and I don't have this problem, so I suppose I'll need to swap over the boxes to see if the problem persists.

Kind Regards 

• Lee
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Dave HD is on another broadcast frequency, alongside Eden HD, Sky Crime HD, W-HD, Love Nature HD and a couple of others.

If the problem is only on one box, then swapping them is an excellent plan - that would establish the box vs internal cabling as the cause.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Lee001
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi japitts,

Thanks for the info about Dave HD and the broadcast frequency, I've swapped the boxes over and still got the same pixalation issue, so it's not the box, as this worked fine in the other room, so going to have to phone virgin to see what they can do.

Cheers 

• Lee
0 Kudos