Menu
mfreyhan
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

TV box not delivered with my inclusive Bundle. How do I get it?

TV box was not delivered with my inclusive Bundle. How do I get it?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV box not delivered with my inclusive Bundle. How do I get it?

Which TV box are you expecting?

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-box 

Are you saying you've had TV/broadband installed, but you're missing an STB?

Was this a manned install, or was your equipment delivered by QuickStart self-service?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
mfreyhan
Tuning in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your response. I bought the Big Bundle, with Mixit TV and V6 Box. The installer told me I had to move my TV into the same room as the Hub. When I refused he took the TV box away. I now understand I can run an ethernet cable from the Hub to the TV box, so I would like to do this. I need the box, however, which I am still paying for. How do I get it? 

I’d be glad of your advice.
Thank you,
Michael 
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

When should your install have been?

Presumably your broadband hub was installed and is working?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

mfreyhan
Tuning in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Contract start date was 24th November 2020. Broadband and telephone landline were installed and are working, but the installer took the TV box away when he left the house. I was absolutely stunned when he told me I had to move the TV to the room where he had installed the Hub and I needed time to think about it. I now know that I could get an ethernet cable extension and connect the box in the next room, but he never told me that. I want to try this myself, but I no longer have the box, which is part of my Bundle and should have been left in the house. It must surely be possible to get the equipment for which I am paying. Many thanks for your help. I appreciate it, Michael. 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Ok, that explains a few things that I wasn't sure on.

V6 need two connections.. the incoming coax cable for the TV signals, and a link to your homehub for the internet. Ideally this is an Ethernet cable but reliable WiFi often works. So the V6 needs to be in the same room as the co-ax connection point and your TV - everything else is up-for-grabs.

I've heard a few strange tales on this forum, but yours is a new one on me! I've escalated this post to VM forum staff to pick up and advise further. I can't promise how quick this will be - but it should be a lot quicker than it would otherwise be 😉

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@mfreyhan wrote:

Thank you for your response. I bought the Big Bundle, with Mixit TV and V6 Box. The installer told me I had to move my TV into the same room as the Hub. When I refused he took the TV box away. I now understand I can run an ethernet cable from the Hub to the TV box, so I would like to do this. I need the box, however, which I am still paying for. How do I get it? 

I’d be glad of your advice.
Thank you,
Michael 

You certainly DO NOT need your TV in the same room as the hub. What you DO need is a coaxial cable installed to BOTH the hub and the TV box. If a coaxial cable cannot be routed to the TV box location you cannot use the TV service. The Ethernet cable is only used for apps & the TV guide updates, not for the core TV service. Perhaps this is why the tech suggested moving the TV.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

mfreyhan
Tuning in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thank you very much indeed for passing this on to Virgin. From what you say I can expect to hear directly from them in due course. I've spent untold hours on their phone and chat lines without getting anywhere with this. Let's hope you have galvanised them into action! Thanks, Michael.

0 Kudos
mfreyhan
Tuning in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for responding with this helpful information. If I had the box I could experiment with a coaxial cable to both Hub and TV Box, as you suggest. Without the box I can't even try this. I just need to persuade Virgin to let me have the box, which is included in my contract. Hours spent on their phone and chat lines have produced no result, other than total frustration. One is faced with a barrier of Virgin robots who can only answer the questions they are primed to answer. It is a relief at least to be able to communicate properly on this Community website. Thank you, Michael 

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi mfreyhan,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community, I am sorry to hear you haven't received you TV box, I will be more than happy to look into this and see if I can arrange for this to be installed.

so I can help further I will send you an invite into a private chat, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.