Menu
Jayrahman83
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

TV box frozen

Hi, since yesterday evening my box has been stuck on the ‘Starting up’ screen and just doesn’t go any further. From previous posts I can see it’s happened to a number of people and the solution has been a new box is needed. I have reset mine several times but no change, so I’m assuming a new box is the only way to get things working again?? Any help much appreciated. 

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV box frozen

Hi Jayraham83,

Unplug the box from the wall for 10 minutes and try again. If that fails then you should call  150 from a Virgin landline/mobile, or 0345 454 1111, option 2 (Faultsbut best to call between 8am and 10am to avoid call queues, or late afternoon around tea time

When calling Faults you will get the automated response asking you to press 1 for the link to online support etc, ignore all the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and resolve the problem.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Jayrahman83,

Welcome back to our forums.

Sorry to hear you experiencing this with your TV box. We can understand your concern and we want to do our best to help. Was the great advice given by @newapollo useful?

Also I have been able to access your account using your forum details and I can see you recently called our team regarding this? Was the issue resolved with our team? What was discussed?

Please get back to us when you can.

Many thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Jayrahman83
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi, they are due to send an engineer tomorrow morning. I am hoping they will have a replacement box with them as I really wouldn’t want to have to them wait longer for another box to be sent out to me. Is an engineer likely to have new boxes with them? 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

They should do, yes.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Jayrahman83 thanks for getting back to us.

I would think the engineer will have a way of you having a TV service by the time they leave, assuming the issue is an equipment issue and nothing to do with the cabling.

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos