Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

TV box crashed and not restarting

Hi

My TV box worked well last night but today is displaying an orange light - instead of white - and not re-starting. I have re-started it a number of times and unplugged it from the power and waited but all having no effect. Occasionally the box goes into startup - and the light on the front turns white - but then never completes the startup and the light goes back to orange (not red - different to the standby colour).

It feels like the TV box has failed but cannot be sure.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV box crashed and not restarting

Are there any messages on the TV output when this is happening? They might give some clue as to what's happening.

I suspect however that your suspicion of a failed box is likely correct, and you will need to call TV Faults to report this.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

There is nothing on the TV output at all. It goes through the Welcome screen in multiple languages and then starts the launch process with Starting Up on the screen and never goes off. Eventually, and sometimes we end up on the TV screen with an emoji of the Digi box and a big arrow above it pointing at the box. Don't suppose you know the number for faults do you? The usual customer service number just leaves me on hold for hours and then cuts me off.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Faults are on 150 from a VM phone, or 0345 4541111 from any other phone - probably the number you're already calling.

You can try using the text message service (07533 051809) which tends to respond in a couple of days, or VM staff pick up posts on here about a week or so, calling (with a healthy dose of patience & persistence) is probably the quickest way... perhaps try calling earlier in the day if you can.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks - sorted now. Box had failed and has now been replaced.

0 Kudos