Menu
Shack2801
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

TV box broken

Sorry not sure if this is this is the right board but my virgin TV box is broken. Not the pairing box, the other one. I’m not sure if it’s been knocked but there are no lights on it now at all. I’ve tried restarting and unplugging all the cables. Lights do come on but just blinker. The TV says starting up but doesn’t move from that screen. Can I get a new box sent out?

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV box broken

Hi Shack2801,

Please can you confirm which box you have by checking the following page  https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-box 

If the lights are blinking then it sounds like it may be the TIVO box.

If so please can you confirm which lights and the colours.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I don't work for Virgin Media.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge. Learn more

Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules
0 Kudos
Shack2801
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

It’s the V6 box and only 1 orange light is on 

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi again Shack2801,

An amber (orange) light to the left of the Virgin Media logo (solid or blinking) means you don’t have full network connectivity.

Can you try this please?

Turn off with the rocker switch at the back of the box. Unplug it from the mains for a couple of minutes.

Hold the + and standby buttons together and then turn the box on and hopefully it will then boot up and go past the welcome screen

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules
0 Kudos
Shack2801
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

No that hasn’t worked. 
The welcome screen comes up for about a minute then the screen goes black for about 20 seconds then the welcome screen comes back in again. It just continues this cycle. 

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

You haven't said that you do, but if you have a second box can you try swapping them around and see if the fault follows the box?

If that's not possible then  sign into Check Service status at the top of this page. It shows any local faults, but more importantly you can also run a test against the V6 box. By doing this VM should be able to try and connect to your box and determine what  the problem is. Sometimes this results in them sending out a replacement and/or engineer, which saves a phone call.

.The above probably won't help as I  think it will either think the box is turned off, or there's nothing wrong, but that will help you with the next stage which to call  150 from a Virgin landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111, option 2 (Faultsbut best to call between 8am and 10am to avoid call queues, or late afternoon around tea time

When calling Faults hopefully the system will recognise that you've used the online faults checker and place you into a queue for an agent to pick up.

If not and you get the automated response asking you to press 1 for the link to online support etc, ignore all the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and resolve the problem.

A member of the Forum Team may pick this up, but it may take a day or two.

Dave

0 Kudos
Shack2801
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Ok thank you. There was no issue found on check service status so I’ll give them a call tomorrow. 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Any VM TV box stuck in the welcome boot-loop has a fault.

The online status check may occasionally let you register that fault without calling in, but in my experience the 150 IVR is at least as effective, often more so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Paulina_Z
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Shack2801,

Welcome to our Community Forum! Thank you for your post, and I'm sorry to understand that you're experiencing an issue with your V6 box.

It is definitely not regular for your TV box to be stuck on a Welcome Screen loop.

I can see that our Valuable members of the Community have given you some wonderful advice! Thank you for going through the steps that they suggested.

I was able to locate your account on our system and I can see that there is an issue with your TV box that our system has recognised. It looks like we will have to have an engineer booked in to look into this issue for you. In order to do this, I will need to confirm a few details with you over Private Message.

Please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top right corner of your forum page. I will be in touch soon.

Thanks! 🙂

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos