Menu
scholesmalc
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

TV V6 box

I have a main Virgin incoming box in my lounge with a subsidiary ‘V-box’ in another room

I recently got sent the new Virgin TV V6 box which I presumed was to replace the main incoming box in my lounge

However the existing one is working fine but I have lost all my sports channels on my ‘V-Box’ in the other room and the message appears that that this box no longer supports theses channels

Can I simply replace the ‘V-box’ in the other room with the new TV V6 box or is this meant to be the main incoming box?  

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: TV V6 box

You should just be able to just replace the V+ box with the V6. Remember in order for it to work properly it needs a coax connection AND a connection to the Hub - this is best done by Cat6 ethernet cable but can also be over wifi (or powerline adapters)
You will need to call into the number supplied in order to activate the new box and tie it to your account

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
scholesmalc
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I replaced the ‘V-box’ in my other room with the new TV V6 box

After 45 minutes on the phone I finally managed to get through to get the equipment initiated and waited patiently for the advisory 30-40 minutes in expectation of watching the football, only to get a blank blue screen with ‘No signal’ on it

I rang up again and having been on hold for another 45 minutes I gave up hope and went to bed

advice anyone?

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Try the Activation number 0800 953 9500 - dont go to bed.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi scholesmalc,

Welcome to our forums and thank you for posting. I'm sorry that you've had difficulty setting up your new TV box. As we're phasing out our older technology, this replacement would have been for your old V+/VHD.

Have you managed to resolve this since your post?

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos
scholesmalc
Joining in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I presume a  'V+/VHD' box is the same as a 'V Box' - if so that is the one I have replaced

thanks to outside help I am now up and running

0nly problem is when I switch my TV on the system is not running on that particular channel and I have to scroll down 5 channels to get the recipient Virgin screen - strange because it was fine before on the V Box?   .

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Community elder
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

When I take my V6 out of standby I get the last channel I was watching.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi scholesmalc,

Yes, the standard V box is the older version of our V+/VHD boxes, it just had fewer features. I'm surprised you had one that was this old, we've been upgrading our customers' equipment for some time now.

I'm afraid I'm not sure I follow what the problem is regarding channels. Do you mean that you switch on your TV and the V6 box isn't automatically loaded and you have to switch input sources?

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos
scholesmalc
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

hello Rachael

as regards TV - the V6 box is loaded but not to the channel which comes on when the TV is switched on - I have to manually scroll down 5 times on the side of the TV to find the Virgin Media channel
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi scholesmalc,

Thank you for coming back to me. Does this still happen when you switch on the TV first and then load up your V6 box? I'd expect the action of turning on the V6 would trigger the TV to auto-locate the correct source/channel.

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos