Menu
wheresmyservice
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

TV Schedule - Lockdown

We have been in lockdown for 3 weeks now, with daily briefings at 17:00 on BBC One, yet all the TV Schedule still say antiques road trip and pointless.

This is the case on my Tivo and other websites such as tvguide.co.uk

Who is in charge of syndicating TV Schedules?

With all the new channels Virgin can given us, I keep missing this important update!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Edward_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: TV Schedule - Lockdown

Hi there, 

The TV programming information is generally based on the information broadcast by the channel. 

The boxes also store up to 2 weeks of programming so it may be that this has now been updated but hasn't shown at present. 

I will attempt to try and escalate this on your behalf! 

I hope this helps 

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

wheresmyservice
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ed,

Thank you for looking into this. I did have a look at ofcom and the template documentation says I should put in a complaint with the BBC, which I have done.

Hopefully we can tackle this from both angles so the TV schedule reflects the true broadcast.

This seems a greater problem then Virgin, but it'll be great if Virgin Media can override the schedule while the coronavirus cabinet briefings are known to exist.

From what I've read, this is a failing of the British Broadcasting Corporation

0 Kudos
ozsat
Community elder
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The BBC are in charge of their schedules.

The BBC for today still have Antiques Roadtrip and Pointless  listing everywhere for Friday afternoon.

It is the same most days that they do not change their listings for the New Special until lunchtime - because they do not know exactly what time it will start I guess.

@wheresmyservice wrote:

We have been in lockdown for 3 weeks now, with daily briefings at 17:00 on BBC One, yet all the TV Schedule still say antiques road trip and pointless.

This is the case on my Tivo and other websites such as tvguide.co.uk

Who is in charge of syndicating TV Schedules?

With all the new channels Virgin can given us, I keep missing this important update!

==================================
VIVID 600 (690/44mb) in Area 31
wheresmyservice
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Maybe the powers that be have seen the light. I got BBC News Special on tivo today 16:30 till 18:00.

https://www.tvguide.co.uk/ is still showing the wrong schedule.

Happy

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

HI wheresmyservice, hopefully the TV guide is updated soon ^Chris