Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

TV S101 Issue

I am an existing Virginmedia customer for 18+ months. I am experiencing the following TV iwhic i hope some one in this group can help me. 

I turned on my V6 box on Thursday 26th March 2020 and then I received this boot up after the starting up and it said 16% for around 10-20 minutes and after that it popped up to the S101 error message. I tried the following suggested steps but it did not fix the issue.

1. I’ve tried rebooting/switch on and off my V6 box and also rebooted my box with no HDMI and then plugged it back in.
  2. I’ve unplugged and plugged back in the coax cable numerous times 
  3. Run the remote test from Virginmedia site
  4. Press Home go to "help and settings" press OK then settings then network and reconnect to the virgin media network.
  5. Press Home go to "help and settings" press OK then settings then Test Connection to the virgin media network. It shows no issue.

Its been three days with no TV. It makes our life difficult to be stay at home during this difficult period. All my calls to Virginmedia call center abruptly disconected after waiting on the call for more than 30 minutes. I can understand that VM team is under pressure to service its customer with less staff. So i was hoping to get some help from this group. I can only hope that person from VM would see this post and contact me.   

I’ve also added an image of the error message if that helps. 

WIN_20200327_21_27_41_Pro.jpg

Note: I haven't experienced this issue for almost 18+ months months ever since i joined with Virginmedia .

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV S101 Issue

It could be an issue with the signal on the coax cable.
Check if it’s connected and tight at both ends and there is no damage on the cable from the back of the box to the white box on the wall.
Is your broadband working?

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

This error message can show if the box hasn’t been activated which you’ll need to request to the activation team. Try the chat on my virgin media website

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

This issue can have a few explanations I have sent you a PM regarding it if you could get back to me please.

I am a Virgin Media Technician and have a lot of experience with this.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi 16 percent is always no signal to the v6 box either bad connection on wiring 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Is there a chat functionality? i can't find the link

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi, Thanks for the reply. I can't find any issue in the cable connection. I don't see any issue with wriring either.

Yes, Broadband is working hence i don't think connection is an issue. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

You have to go onine my friend 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Sent u a email hopefully I can help u service tech from midlands 

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Pardeep, your support over phone was very helpful. It fixed the issue.

Hi All

Just for everyone benefits  who may experience the similar issue in the future, this updaye would help.

Issue was due to small extension used to extend the wire from Virgin modam to V6 box. that connection was loose tgat caused the problem. i would say for anyone who may experience the similar issue Test-Test-Test the wire goes to V6 box.

Thanks

0 Kudos