Menu
philrosen
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

TV Remote

TV remote control not working.  Batteries have been changed.  Please send a replacement asap. Thanks.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: TV Remote

Hi philrosen,

To order a new remote you need the TV Faults option when dialling 150 or 0345 454 1111, but best to call at 8am to avoid call queues

You could try the text messaging service.

Just send  a text with a description of new remote  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

For now you could download the TV Control app and use that until you receive a replacement remote

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/tvgo-tvcontrol

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
philrosen
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your message. Appreciated!
I purchased a new remote from Ebay myself after trying to contact Virgin unsuccessfully.
Was not impressed.
0 Kudos
Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi philrosen, apologies for the delay getting back to you here.

I'm also sorry to hear you felt pushed to go elsewhere to get this sorted. If there's anything else we may be able to help with in future please don't hesitate to get back in touch.

Tom 

0 Kudos
stiv1
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I need a new tv remote, nothing on the tune the remote to the t.v works. trying too get through on the 150 help line is a wate of time. how do i get a reemote asap.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi stiv1,

Click on Check service status further up this page, then when the page opens scroll down to the three tabs, broadand, TV and phone. 

Click on the TV tab, then my remote isn't working and follow the prompts.

You should be able to order a replacement remote from there, also if you have a V6 box you can download the TV Control app from the same page and use that until you receive the replacement remote

remote.jpg

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Good morning @stiv1 

Thank you for your post, have you managed to order your replacement remote? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M 

0 Kudos
stiv1
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Yes but but the new remote would not work, i went through all the on screen instructions but could not get a green light. i eventually got through to the virgin help line, the chap did his best but concluded it must be the Sony T.V issue. After a lot of frustration and time with Sony help line and getting no where i kept trying the new remove and it eventually worked. All ok since then thanks.

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for coming back to us. 

I am glad to hear things are now resolved. 

If we are able to assist you further then please do let us know, 

Kind regards,

Zak_M 

0 Kudos