Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

TV Pixelation

I have intermittent TV pixelation in Area 21.  I had a similar problem in early summer but after two visits by engineers, it appeared to be solved.  I have done all the normal connection checks and reboot etc.  The area service status and TV test are OK.  Any thoughts?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Pixelation

Check by calling 0800 5610061 that there's nothing in your immediate area, this can often list faults down to street level.

If nothing's reported, then the problem is likely only affecting you (or possibly a couple of immediate neighbours who also haven't reported it). Call Virgin and report it - there'll be a fault somewhere that's causing poor TV signal to your box.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the advice.  I called the number and there are apparently no issues affecting TV in my area.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

In which case, whatever is causing your issue, hasn't been reported yet.

Call 150 from a VM phone, or 0345 4541111 from any other phone, and follow the prompts for "I have a fault". An agent should be able to check things over and arrange the next step - possibly an engineer visit or replacement box. I don't advise accepting further reboots or "stronger signals" as a solution, which have been known.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks again, I’ll investigate.

0 Kudos