Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

TV Picture Intermitent.

My tv keeps flicking on and off ?

Already tried,

1. Resetting box

2. Changing HDMI cable and HDMI port on TV

3. Tried other HDMI devices in all ports and no issues

I am at a loss at the momment the only thing I can now think of is faulty TV box anyone else any other ideas I can try, because trying to get get through to customer services is getting silly at the momment due to the unfortunate restrictions due to the pandemic.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Picture Intermitent.

Good morning Craig,

Do you have any other V6 boxes in your property? If so, you can identify an issue with the box itself by swapping the boxes over and seeing if the issue is still happening.

Also, do you get any error messages on the screen when it is going off? For example 'No Signal'

Steve

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

is your tv a 4k tv and if so the v6 is trying to output to the tv output you can go to home- help&setting- setting- video output and choose 1080p option and thumbs up 3 times to save settings 

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Good Morning Steve

No error messages as the picture flickers through you can actually see the menu/picture and sound before it flickers.

No other v6 box unfortunately so cant try that I'm afraid

Also not a 4k tv

Craig

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I see, in this case I would suggest following the process that @kizi has posted above, if you're still having issues with it set to 1080p then give it a try on 720p.

One thing I will add is that when doing this, make sure you only have one setting ticked at a time rather than multiple options so if changing it, remove the tick from the ones that you're changing it from.

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Changing format hasn't worked either, I've even factory reset the TV as well to no avail

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Many Thanks to all managed to get through to customer services, going to sort it for me tomorrow.

Thank you all for your suggestions and assistance in trying to rectify this

Stay Safe

Craig

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

no problem

0 Kudos