Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

TV Package Upgrade

I upgraded my TV service from ‘Mix’ to ‘Maxit with Sky Cinema Collection’ on Tuesday I was told to wait 24hrs for the changes to be completed. This I did and found that:

1. a) the V6 box in the living room HAD been upgraded to Maxit but NOT Sky Cinema. and
  2. b) the Tivo box in the kitchen had not been upgraded at all (still on Mix).

I used the Help/TV Care facility on the Tivo to find the missing channels and it found the Maxit and Sky Cinema collections. Perfect.

But, do the same thing on my V6 living room box and it still can’t find Sky Cinema. I ran it on Wednesday and Thursday and still no joy.

Telephoned 150 earlier and the automated assistant reset my installation but nothing seems to have changed.

Can you help please?

Thanks

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Package Upgrade

A simple thing, but you've not said so I'll suggest it... have you restarted the affected boxes?

If so...can your V6 living room box use On Demand ok? ITV, C4 or C5 CatchUp would be a good test.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply. Yes, the V6 has been restarted, I can see Catch Up & On Demand although it wants me to pay or subscribe to Sky Cinema for Superman II (it is on in a few minutes - for free).

I am assuming of course that Sky Cinema is made available to 'the household' and not to 'a box'....sorting this out can drive one round the bend! 

Thanks anyway.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Ok, if you're able to watch other VOD programmes, then this proves your box's internet connection is working ok - eliminating one possible cause.

If you can view the Sky Cinema channels on the same box, there's no reason why the VOD assets shouldn't work. The last throw of the dice, for elimination purposes, would be to record a movie from Sky Cinema and play it back. If that works.....

Think you then might need to call V/M to iron this one out, you've tried all the obvious!

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks again for your concern. In all other respects the V6 box is working perfectly so I'll push the problem straight back to VM, I guess someone somewhere forgot to pull a lever or throw a switch! Have a good'un!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

An update: Reported the problem to Customer Care who had seen the problem before in the dark & murky past and knew someone who could fix it.

The code to grant access had been entered incorrectly thereby precluding my living room box from seeing the Cinema package.

Once the correct code had been entered the problem resolved itself (after a restart).

Many thanks to all in customer care!

Tags (3)
0 Kudos