Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

TV Error Code S102

I am getting an error code when trying to install my new TV V6 box. The code is S102 and the message says that the TiVo box is unable to acquire channel information.

I have tried both 0345 454 1111 and 0800 9539500. I don't seem to be getting any answer on either and have been cut off a number of times.

Hoping that someone can offer some help to be able to get through to a person in order to get this resolved.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Error Code S102

Hi Jenni_Wyatt,

VM have recently started pre-activating their equipment, and the box should call "home" and be activated within 30 minutes, however sometimes this fails and the advice is to sign into Check Service Status at the top of this page and run a test against the TV box you are installing. By doing this we’ll be able to reboot the box or put you in touch with the right team.

The old method which you tried still works ( calling 0800 953 9500 ) however if it's not being picked up then  you could also try contacting  New accounts and Set Up for them to complete the setup and activation. That would be options 1,1,1 and 4 if dialling 150 from a Virgin landline , or options 1,1,2 and 4  if dialling 0345 4541111 from any other phone. Unfortunately as you've seen it takes patience 

You could try the freephone number 0800 052 0422 instead of the 0345 number if those numbers aren't included in your call plan.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Trying soon after C/S opens at 8am can often yield success.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jenni_Wyatt, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

Very sorry for the delay in getting back in touch and for the issues you've been having with the TV. 

I have had a look at the back end of things from here and I can see you've been in touch with the team to resolve this. 

Please let me know if you do need any further assistance. 

:) 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

This has now been resolved, thank you.

0 Kudos