Menu
peterjf
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

TV Control app not finding new v6 box

I’ve used the iOS app with my old TiVo box for years. After updating to a v6 box tonight, the app no longer finds any compatible Virgin TV boxes. The only link that seems to work on the phone screen is to return to sign-in. Other links that are mentioned on various support pages don’t appear on screen. This happens on both iPhone and iPad.

The box’s menu structure in support pages is different to what is said in the support pages and I can’t find the standby options mentioned in this support.

I’ve done all the usual things - Rebooted the box, reinstalled the app etc. 

Or, as a last resort, can I reactivate the old TiVo box?

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Control app not finding new v6 box

Once you have activated the new box, the old box is automatically deactivated as you are effectively no longer paying for it.

I would give it 24 hours before calling it in. If it’s not working after that give faults a call.

VM BB TV Landline PAYG mobile. Freeview/Freesat HD, Tesco Mobile. Customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello

Just to make sure you have a v6 could by chance you have a v360 ?

Easiest way to tell does the remote have a symbol of a Microphone about half way down in center from the top.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
peterjf
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mike

Thanks for this. I didn’t even know there was such a thing as a v360 - there’s no mention of such a box on any support page I’ve seen!

Yes, there is a microphone button on the remote. Does that mean I’ve got a v360? And if so, does that mean I can’t use the app?

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello

Yes you have a v360 so that means that the Virgin Control App, is not compatible, the only option would be to use the Virginmedia TvGo app that will allow you to manage the v360.

The v360 isn't as yet posted on the support sites as it quite new and is only available to a few customers.

Regards Mike

peterjf
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, Mike.

That’s helpful to have everything in the one app!

Cheers, Peter

0 Kudos