Menu
GMCollins
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

TV Control App Not Working Away

The main benefit of this app is so I can set recordings when away from home.

When I am in the house on my home network the app connects to my V6 boxes without issue, however away from home using my iPhone 4G it fails to contact either box.  I tried on my iPad as well still no luck. 

I am able to login to the app, see TV guide, go to settings in fact everything that needs no contact with the boxes.  I can not see recorded programs, series links or anything else.

This app is of zero use without this feature, please help.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Control App Not Working Away

Hello

That is how the Virgin Media Control App works to be able  to control the boxes it has too be connected to the home network.

The way around this is too Virgin TvGo when outside of your home network and that will allow you to Record Programs and manage the boxes.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
GMCollins
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

So to quote from Virgins own information.

Virgin TV Go

Stream your socks off wherever there’s WiFi, 3G or 4G in the UK. It lets you watch telly on your mobile or tablet at home or on the go.

Benefits of Virgin TV Go

• Enjoy up to 110 selected live channels 
  • Watch binge-tastic TV Box Sets on the go
  • Download selected TV shows and watch offline, anywhere!
  • Create your own Watchlist of On Demand shows
  • Register up to 5 devices to watch TV in the home or out and about

NOTE: Downloads are only available for customers with the Maxit TV package or Ultimate Oomph bundle

Virgin TV Control

Set and manage your Virgin TV V6 or TiVo® box, browse the TV Guide or change channel from anywhere in the world, with WiFi, 3G or 4G.

Controlling your Virgin TV V6 or TiVo® box. Manage your recordings from anywhere in the world.

What can I do?

• Manage recordings anywhere in the world with a WiFi, 3G or 4G connection
  • Stream recordings from your Virgin TV V6 box to your mobile or tablet on your home WiFi
  • Browse the TV Guide and personalise your channel set up with favourites first
  • Use your mobile or tablet as an extra remote

What do I need to know?

• Use it on as many devices as you like
  • Compatible with selected iOS, Android and Amazon Fire devices*
  • Virgin TV Control is available at no extra cost to all Virgin TV customers (Virgin TV V6 or TiVo® box required)

*Virgin TV Control is compatible with iOS 9 and above, Android 4.1 and above and Fire OS 3.2.8 or later.

But thank you for your reply.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Must admit, last weekend I could only get TV Control to connect while at home using the same network as my V6. For several days connecting over mobile data got the "problems connecting" error.

It self-resolved after a few days and has been fine since. FWIW, I'm using Android devices.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Cueball99
Well-informed
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yes you certainly should be able to set recordings away from home. What power saving mode is the V6 set to? It should be at least low power, connected (or something like that)?

If that's ok the try turning of the V6 and the Hub. Reboot the hub first, then the V6.

Failing that, try deleting and reinstalling the app.

0 Kudos
GMCollins
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Set to always on, and I have tried all the solutions suggested as a matter of course with no luck.

Also forgot to mention in original post iOS version is 14.0.1

Tags (1)
0 Kudos