Menu
rabhay
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

TV Box constantly freezing and restarting, after 10 days, froze but won't restart

I have done all of the switch off/on and change HDMI cable advice to no avail. We have run the online tests which are saying that the box is up but unable to receive services. Looks like we need a replacement box but after hours and hours in the call centre queue we are still unable to talk to a human.

Is there any other way that I can get a request for a replacement box through to Virgin?

Many Thanks,

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Box constantly freezing and restarting, after 10 days, froze but won't restart

Hi rabhay,

Sorry to see you are having major problems with your set top box.

Have you tried signing into Service status at the top of this page? It shows any local faults and you can also run a test against the V6 box. By doing this VM should be able to try and connect to your box and determine what  the problem is. Sometimes this results in them sending out a replacement and/or engineer.

If that doesn't work then you need to contact VM by either phone or text message.

If phoning again then it's best to call at 8am to avoid call queues or late afternoon around tea time.

To use the text messaging service just send  a text with a description of TV Faults to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Problem Solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks for a useful post

0 Kudos