Menu
Foxy2909
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

TV Box Errors

I am constantly having problems with my TV box and receiving an error which sates that the ethernet cable is disconnected when clearly it isn't.

The error comes in the form of a red Virgin lighted logo in the middle of the box.

I can still watch normal channels but the apps and catch up etc disappears from the selection menus.

It's a lot of money to pay out and not be able to choose when you want to watch something you have paid for.

Unreliable and extremely frustrating.

Is there a fix or is it change supplier?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: TV Box Errors

Just to be sure, are you using a TiVo or a V6? If you're not sure, check here 

Where are you seeing this "Ethernet disconnected" error? Which menu?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Foxy2909
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Thanks for replying.

I believe it's a TV V6 box and the error is C190 (though I may be mistaken on that)!

Having switched everything down at the mains, the on demand channels are now working. The issue is that if we go back later there's no guarantee it will work!

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Foxy2909
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Sorry, you asked where we see the error. When the on demand access freezes, the error message appears at the top of the screen where it gives the error code and directs you to the settings menu, where you are prompted to run a diagnostic...at that stage it says that the ethernet cable is disconnected which it clearly isn't.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Many Cxxx codes are connectivity related, but you can get advice on specific ones here - check the link in my previous post where you can check which box it is. I'm advising for a V6 here, if it is a TiVo then the troubleshooting is different.

I'm sure it's sucking eggs, but have you tried reseating the Ethernet lead, and also making sure it's connected at the router end?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Foxy2909
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi the box is definitely TV V6 box and the code is C130.

I have tried unplugging the cables and rebooting the box, but the only works sporadically and then drops out again as I mentioned earlier. It's simply not reliable. You can't be sure when you sit down to watch something that the system will work.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Sounds like either a dodgy Ethernet port at either end, or a dodgy cable. C130 is classic "loss of internet"

0 Kudos
Foxy2909
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

How do I get a new box? Is this something Virgin will supply and do I need an Engineer?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I'd be minded to try another Ethernet cable first, and also try connecting via WiFi as another elimination and/or workaround.

You'd report the fault by calling 150 (or 0345 4541111) and following the "I have a fault" menu options.

0 Kudos