Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

TV Box 6 - amber lights and restarts

Hi

My TV box started to reboot on Sunday. The light went amber and it went to the welcome sign and then said “start up” the light then goes white and then goes completely off and the TV drops back to normal TV. 

This has been happening for the last 4 days. On Monday I called customer service and explained the issue. They said I would need a technician to look at it and that I would get a call within 4 hours. No such call. 

I tried calling on Tuesday and spend 2 hours waiting and couldn’t get through. I have had no response from VM and I am being required to pay fully for a service I am not receiving. 

I have made a formal complaint but no reply and no access to my Tv. In times of lockdown I would expect that VM are looking after their customers. This is totally unacceptable. 

To me the box seems to be defective  if that is the case can VM simply not send a replacement? 

Any help would be appreciated. 

Many thanks 

Parv 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Box 6 - amber lights and restarts

@Parv36 wrote:

Hi

My TV box started to reboot on Sunday. The light went amber and it went to the welcome sign and then said “start up” the light then goes white and then goes completely off and the TV drops back to normal TV. 

This has been happening for the last 4 days. On Monday I called customer service and explained the issue. They said I would need a technician to look at it and that I would get a call within 4 hours. No such call. 

Cold comfort I'm sure, but you won't be the first. "Someone will call you back" is, far too often, C/S talk for "I can't resolve your issue so I hope someone else can"

@Parv36 wrote:

To me the box seems to be defective  if that is the case can VM simply not send a replacement? 

Agreed, and this is what should have happened on your first call. The forum team are currently taking upto a week to respond to posts on here, so I wouldn't suggest giving up on calling back through and being insistent (I know you shouldn't have to be) that you either want a replacement box or engineer visit.

If you continue to have issues with this, please post back 😉

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Box 6 - amber lights and restarts

Thanks for the reply. First time I have had a problem with VM. Will try calling again but it would be helpful if Vm engineer on here can arrange a replacement. Lockdown is not enjoyable without access to tv and Netflix! 😬

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Contacting the VM Team

Just received an email to say that we shouldn’t contact VM teams directly on this forum! 

well if I have sent a complaint, called and was promised a call back, put a message on here and have had no response what does VM expect if this is the only way to speak to someone. 

VM are happy to charge me for all services in full and I have no TV. This is absolutely appalling of them to tell us not to contact the team directly. Well if that is the case they shouldn’t allow you to be able to email them.  Absolute joke! 

if they don’t want us to contact them maybe VM need to contact me despite me chasing for a week now !!! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Contacting the VM Team

@Parv36 wrote:

Just received an email to say that we shouldn’t contact VM teams directly on this forum! 

Without knowing specifics, it's fair to point out that this is primarily a community forum - VM staff work through posts in order, but I don't think they have any intention of this being a primary contact method.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Well this wasn’t my primary way of contacting them. I have tried three other routes to no avail. 

I have also just read their house rules and the do’S and dont’s and it doesn’t say not to email or contact them directly- so maybe they need to change their rules. 

if VM team are on here I see no reason not to contact them especially when they had dealt with a similar issue. This could have been resolved last week. Well I will certainly be asking for a reduction in this months monthly charge. I don’t see how VM can charge fully for a service they can’t deliver which they contractually agreed to deliver. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

That's fine, but it's only fair to point out a couple of small things in terms of "etiquette"

By posting on here, you have contacted VM staff and you then just need to wait for a reply - this is currently taking around a week, even in normal times it's a few days.

Every time a post is replied to, it does drop down VM staff's list a little - they tend to work from "oldest unread" post backwards.

0 Kudos