Menu
jeffsr
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

TIVO to V6 coax cable problem

Hi all,

Just received my new V6 box yesterday which replaced my old TIVO. This is a second box in a separate room. When previously setting up it was noted that the old cable had been run under the floor from one room into the other room. The engineer noted that he could run a virgin cable but that would have looked a mess so he tried the other cable (from previous sky installation) and that worked on the TIVO box which was great. He did mention the cable possibly would not be good enough but it worked, problem solved. Now I have the new V6 box and the coaq connector on the back is a push fit rather than screw fix. What can I do? Is there an adaptor I can buy or do I need a new cable to run from the junction box to the new V6?

Regards, Rob

0 Kudos
jeffsr
Joining in
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: TIVO to V6 coax cable problem

Anyone have any thoughts on this was hoping a Virgin Techie or customer service rep could help and our guide me in the right direction.

Regards, Rob

0 Kudos
manaman
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The adaptor you need looks like this 20181126_001138_15pc.jpg

The coax screws on to the bottom end and the top bit plugs into the back of the V6.

Usually one is included in the quick-start kit for the V6 box as far as I remember, it may be hiding in the packaging somewhere?

Otherwise there are a few links to alternative adaptors here; https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-V6/Cable-adaptor-v6/td-p/4189523

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

If you're missing this adapter, you can order a replacement by calling VM on the usual number.

Using third-party/independently-sourced coax equipment (however well intentioned) is not a good idea.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
jeffsr
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the feedback thats great. Was on the phone waiting for over an hour yesterday and had to give up 😞 I am order that little connector on the other thread for the sake of £1.79 its worth a go.

0 Kudos
jeffsr
Joining in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for this I will try and ring again but had to give up yesterday having waited over an hour 😞 I have ordered the little adaptor from Amazon in the interim if it works great it gets me out of a hole if not then I will wait to see if I can get through to Virgin and get one sent out. I did dive into the box again yesterday excitedly hoping to find a cable but was left disappointed 🙂

Anyone from Virgin on who I can send my account details and area to and they can get a loca engineer to drop one off 🙂

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

The issue with these third-party cables is that you run the risk of them injecting RF noise back into your local network which can affect service for yourself and other local customers.

If that results in faults being raised and engineers being tasked to investigate the interference, then - apart from your "unathorised modification" (I think is the wording used in the T&C) being the cause of that fault, you could well find yourself liable.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
jeffsr
Joining in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks well hopefully someone from Virgin will pick up on this message and arrange to send me out a cable.  I spent over an hour waiting yesterday on the phone and I have sent a mail also which I am still waiting on a response. When I refreshed my package I did mention that the v6 would be replacing a Tivo so disappointed the cable was not sent.

Hopefully a virgin rep will pick up and contact me directly to resolve this.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I strongly recommend you call. I appreciate wait times can be long, but so can many things these days 😉

Out of interest, where did you email? VM don't have any external email address for C/S!!

0 Kudos
jeffsr
Joining in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Will do its the music it kills me 🙂 Sent email to theteam@mailing.virginmedia.com prob just gone into a black hole think I got of invoice, went through self service but went round in circles 🤦‍♂️

0 Kudos