Menu
Brinko
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

TCM channel guide incorrect

Just now guide says Edge of Tomorrow is on, but it’s really showing some old western.   The guide has been incorrect for a few days now at least. I haven’t checked all channels yet so don’t know if others are affected.  Anyone else have this issue? Any known way to resolve it, as it’s very irritating. 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: TCM channel guide incorrect

My guide also shows the same, but I can't get onto TCM's website schedule to compare. https://www.tcmuk.tv/tv-guide won't show anything since Dec 26th, so that's anyone's guess.

You've mentioned about a few guide inaccuracies, again - need to check specifics of any examples you have before casting futher judgement.

Worth checking your box is updating its EPG though - follow Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network. Your connection status is shown in the top-right, and the status of the regular updates is shown in the left.

What do you see?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
ozsat
Superstar
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

TCM has been 4 hours out for 2-3 days now on all VM boxes.

If you post examples from other channels they can be checked too.

==================================
1.2Gb/55Mb in Area 31
Brinko
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi, thanks for the reply. 
I didn’t mention I had other inaccuracies, I mentioned I hadn’t checked for these so don’t know if other channels are affected.  

According to the setting you mentioned, when checked it states last connection today at 16:36 was a success & there’s no connection issues shown. 

It seems the other suggestion that the guide is hours ahead of the actual programme being shown is correct. Just don’t know why it’s been like this for days & hasn’t been sorted. 

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

You can report the errors to tivoguideerrors@virginmedia.co.uk but it's always worth checking with the broadcaster too

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Problem Solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks for a useful post

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The guide errors inbox is an excellent place to send errors where the TiVo or V6 EPG differs from the broadcaster with at least a couple of days to spare.

They're excellent at getting errors fixed, but don't expect a reply.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks