Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

T6

Been a customer for 10 years and my TiVo box has been playing up a lot. I noticed they upgraded to T6 and offered free upgrades to existing customers back in 2018. How come I was never invited to do so? My box has now broken and they have sent me another TiVo? 
My new contract states I’m paying a monthly fee for my TiVo? Is this something that is continual? I’ve had the same TiVo box for over 6 years? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: T6

I think most bundles that include a TiVo, include an entry for "TiVo monthly fee", mine certainly does but I wouldn't say that means I'm paying for TiVo as such, just that whatever licencing fee VM have to pay TiVo, is covered in the bundle. And our TiVo is also several years old, so there's nothing inherently "wrong" with it if if it's still doing what you want it to do.

All that said, the V6 is the newer box, it's a lot quicker running iPlayer, Netflix etc and has 6 tuners compared with TiVo's 3. Most new bundles would offer a V6 -swap if you wanted one, so if you do fancy a change.. call up and see if they'll offer a change. If you're out of your minimum term, I'd rate your chances pretty well!!

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Just a point to note that if you are NOT a Virgin Broadband customer you cannot have a V6, as this is mandatory. V6 boxes will not run on another providers Broadband.

Only customers with the older Liberate platform boxes have been given free V6 upgrades, as the platform is being retired. Upgrades from TiVOs are not generally free, although some customers are being offered them.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I assume this is a paid for upgrade though. I’ve been out of tract twice and each time it has never been mentioned in my package update.   

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I am full customer and have been for years. I do believe it’s time for a change come Oct when my contract is out again.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your post Kelliew.

We're unable to go through personalised offers that may be available if you were to upgrade your current Tivo box over the forums, this would be something our retention's team could go through with your on 150/0345 454 1111 option 1, option 4 then option 4. 

Although, could you please elaborate on the issues you're experiencing with your current Tivo box as we can investigate this and send a replacement if needed? 

Thank you, Emily.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I’ve been through this on the phone. We got anew tv and then the sound kept losing. It was intermittent but when it happened we have to turn everything off and on again.  It’s not the tv because when we turned the TiVo off we had sound o the tv.   I went through all this with the technician who came out - his words! TiVo is old and needs upgrading.  I made the call but you were only giving new boxes to new customers and I’d have to pay.  I waited until I was out of contract and rang again in Oct. Same story! Recently, they offered to send out a new box, they’ve sent out a new TiVo. I’ve installed it and currently just in wait mode.  
Loyalty really doesn’t count for anything these days and i knew I should have walked in Oct... I won’t make the same mistake twice. 

0 Kudos