Menu
SarahS2
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

T6 box squeaky Netflix audio

We have recently received a new T6 box. It hooked up to the TV okay and we can record /playback but when we try and watch Netflix the audio doesn’t work properly. It’s very squeaky as if being played at a different speed/frequently.  I have checked the cables, logged in and out again several times. I managed to get the audio to work once on an episode of something (after several attempts) but then when the next episode started it reverted back to squeaky and I haven’t been able to get to work since . Also None of the other apps will load eg Prime, BBC iPlayer.    Please can someone advise how to fix it. 

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: T6 box squeaky Netflix audio

All of your streaming apps use the V6's internet connection, along with OnDemand services and TV guide updates.

Are you able to watch non-BBC CatchUp programmes at all?

If you follow Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network, the screen in the top-right shows your connection status. What is reported?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
SarahS2
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi thanks for the quick response. It says I am connected and yes playing back non BBC shows. What I did do is change the audio setting to Dolby Digital with DCM then tried to play Netflix and it just worked. 

I just tried to get into Prime and then ITV hub. The ‘one moment’ screen and wheel appears but then it just goes back to the main apps page. So this still isn’t working. (I’d quite like to access Disney in as well but that’s not one do the options). 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

So your issue is with certain apps.

It's a simple thing, but have you tried restarting your box?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos