Menu
chs117
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sync from sound bar

the synchronisation from the V6 keeps changing. If I reset everything to ensure synch, within the next couple of programs it’s gone out again. The system is Panasonic TV Panasonic Soundbar via hdmi . If it helps you to help me, as we are having to use sub titles, even they are out synch as much as the previous speaker. Do you think it could be the signal delivery into the V6?

0 Kudos
Steve1701
Rising star
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sync from sound bar

Hi chs117 

Are you able to connect the TV & Soundbar via another option:

Optical or Bluetooth ...

Just to check if it's an HDMI connection or cable issue?

🤞

Steve

Utrinque Paratus
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

From your reference to subtitles I would assume this is on recorded or live programmes, but can you confirm? Subtitles on VoD are less common but possible..

I doubt it's a signal issue, there'd be other symptoms if that were the case. Have you tried toggling the Dolby/PCM setting under the audio config? Given you've said a box restart solves this, I doubt - but worth checking all the same.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Some of the subtitles being out of sync may possibly be due to the fire at red bee media.

Channel 4 announced a phased return of subtitles on all channels (music channels have been largely unaffected by the subtitles issues).

CH 5  all channels suffering intermittent issues with subtitles – with some programmes being broadcast without subtitles.

BBC  subtitles for pre-recorded shows are impacted. In these cases, live subtitles are being provided

So if the channels are having to provide subtitles they may be out of sync.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I don't work for Virgin Media.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge. Learn more

Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules
0 Kudos
chs117
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sorry for all your hard work but I think it’s down to the signal from Virgin. During one program broadcast tonight on C4 , within an interval of 23 minutes, the great British bake off, extra slice , having removed everything and just watching the program via TV only, it went out of sync. The next program Googglebox was back in sync.Help me please 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Poor TV signal on digital TV usually exhibits as picture breakup, pixellation and perhaps complete picture drops.

Not subtitles out of sync. I agree that if only C4 is affected, this is likely to be related to the Red Bee issues.

Do you have any similar issues on C4+1 (SD) or ITV HD?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
chs117
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Best result so far is to take the feed from TV away from

HDMI and replace with optical cable. Seems to be good. Haven’t yet addressed the issue of the delays in subtitles although watching Prime seems spot on

0 Kudos