Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Swapping rooms for tivo and v6 box

Hi we want to swap around our v6 and tivo boxes so we have the faster box in our main room. We had to have a signal booster by virgin some time ago and I have noticed there is also a 3db attenuator connected to the Tivo box. I'm not sure what the attenuator is or  does and whether this needs to stay where it is and so be connected to the v6 box when we swap it or if it needs to go with the tivo box.

Can anybody help me? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Swapping rooms for tivo and v6 box

Hi

The attenuator will need to stay where it is due to the levels in that room.

Hope this helps.

——————————————————
I work for Virgin Media, but all my options are my own.

REFER A FRIEND AND SHARE £100 BETWEEN YOU
**************ASK ME HOW***************
***************SEND A PM****************

If you found this information useful or please click thumbs up on Kudos icon and marking as a helpful answer.
THANK YOU ?
——————————————————
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Swapping rooms for tivo and v6 box

The attenuator stays in its current location, as this is probably the shortest cable run on the installation. The other run will be balanced due to increased length or a splitter in the line (which has the same effect). Bear in mind that if you want to stream to & from the older TiVO box it requires an Ethernet connection to the hub.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos