Menu
Ichmonji
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Suspected scam email

Hi there.

On Sunday 27th September I received an email saying it was from Virgin offering me an upgrade to my TV boxes. The email address it came from was email@em.virginmedia.com.

I clicked the link (to me it looked genuine) and signed into my account. I booked the engineer to come to my house today to install the 2 new boxes. However, I have just contacted virgin since I received no confirmation email, and they said there's no record of an email being sent to me on the 27th september. Now, I'm rather worried, incase they have my bank details. I didn't provide them however on the login, and I have changed all my virgin media passwords.

Is the email address a genuine virgin email? And is there any chance if it was a phishing email that they could have got my bank details without me actually providing them?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Suspected scam email

Hi Ichmonji,

Thank you for your post

this is not our email, I would advise you to update your passwords and forward the email to phishing@virginmeida.co.uk .

Thanks,

Zoie

0 Kudos
Funky_Gibbon
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Suspected scam email

Hi Ichmonj,

There is no need to worry, I get regular emails from Virgin from email@em.virginmedia.com offering me mobile phones and I also had the one about the tv upgrade. It is a new Tv service called 360 which a lot of people think is worse than the V6 box. Search 360 on this forum and you will find several posts about it. It's a shame Virgin staff are not made aware of all the emails they use. 

0 Kudos