newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Subtitles

Hi @David6 

According to Ofcom the Wild channel doesn't need to transmit subtitles or sign language programs.

The following reports can be downloaded from https://www.ofcom.org.uk/research-and-data/data/statistics/stats21  regarding subtitling and sign language.

<<< assetsdownload1 >>> 

<<< assetsdownload2 >>> 

<<< assetsdownload3 >>> 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I don't work for Virgin Media.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge. Learn more

Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules
Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Subtitles

Hi David6, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear that there are no subtitles on the Wild HD channel. 

At the moment, all channels with an audience share above a certain number must offer subtitles for their programmes. (That's the rule according to the broadcast industry watchdog, Ofcom.) The amount of subtitling varies widely across channels, but many broadcasters do much more than they have to.

We promise that whenever subtitles are made available by a broadcaster, you'll be able to see them on Virgin TV. We hope that one day everything you watch on Virgin TV will have a subtitles option.

Apologies for any inconvenience. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos