cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subtitles

TyK
Tuning in

I currently can't get any subtitles on any programmes that I have recorded.

This has only recently happened. Subtitles work fine on live TV, but not on any recording 

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Which channel(s) is this on?

https://rxtvinfo.com/2021/frustration-over-channel-4-and-5-subtitle-problems-grow answers the query for C4 & C5

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

It's on every channel, every recording, Sky, Channel 4, Channel 5, ITV, BBC1

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

"Sky" potentially includes many channels, although it sounds like your problem is more general.

When you think you should be getting subtitles, press the "info" button on your remote and scroll to the second tab. What does it say?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

I know that the programmes I have recorded come with subtitles, because if I watch them on live TV the subtitles work.

They just don't show when I press the subtitles on any recorded programme from any channel

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

When you think you should be getting subtitles, press the "info" button on your remote and scroll to the second tab. What does it say?