Menu
Rayzanarab
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Subtitles too big

When is the problems with subtitles going to be rectified or looked at? This has been ongoing for years now, so it looks like Virgin are not caring what their customers are requesting 

0 Kudos
Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Subtitles too big

Given you haven’t raised this before on the forum, can you please explain just what the issue is?

Subtitles have to be big as they are generally for those with eye-sight issues.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Rayzanarab
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I was referring to posts with the same title as my own that have been submitted for years now, that is why I have not commented on this subject before, as I thought that Virgin woud have fixed this problem by now, the lettering is far to big, and the black background obstructs information on the screen, you also mentioned that it is large for people with sight problems. I think you should ask before assuming? I do not have sight problems. I have hearing problems, so I would like to adjust the size to suit my needs, not anyone else

0 Kudos
Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Rayzanarab.

Welcome to back to our community forums.

Thank you for giving us your feedback in regards to the subtitles. Just to confirm are you talking about subtitles on your TV box for TV channels or is this in regards to a TV app or feature?

Many thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Rayzanarab
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

This problem is on my TV box, it does not matter which program I watch, if it has subtitles they are all the same size, I would just love to be able to adjust the size to my needs, and believe there are hundreds maybe thousands of customers with the same feelings 

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

All subtitles should be of around the same size no matter what TV platform you use. These are controlled by guidelines set out by OFCOM who dictate the fonts, colour palette, number of lines & size relative to the picture format. This is why you don’t see adjustments on boxes, as they should all conform to OFCOMs agreed standards for accessibility.

Looking at subtitles on both my V6 boxes, they are the same size as Freeview & Freesat equivalents. So there are 2 possibilities:

1) The picture size on the TV is not correct in relation to the output of the box. Are parts of the picture missing on VM that are visible on Freeview?

2) A fault with the box processor causing miss-placement of the content.

VM BB TV Landline PAYG mobile. Freeview/Freesat HD, Tesco Mobile. Customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos