Menu
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 11 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: Subtitles too big

Completely agree, they are ridiculous. But I doubt if anything will be done, as nothing is done about the sometimes poor sound on Sky movies.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 12 of 18
Flag for a moderator

On second thoughts its not a tivo problem, it only records what the broadcasters put out, its just as bad on freeview or freesat. Netflix is great for subtitles you can even set the size!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 13 of 18
Flag for a moderator

@roddydogs wrote:

On second thoughts its not a tivo problem, it only records what the broadcasters put out

That's incorrect. The subtitle text is encoded into the stream. Just the text itself - not the way it's displayed. It's up to the box to decide how to display it. My old freesat box allowed you to set the font and size. 

Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 14 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Ok thanks didn't realise that, but then freesat and freeview can be equally criticised. PS watching "click" live had better subtitles ( white background ) that were better, as opposed to the recorded version,?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 15 of 18
Flag for a moderator

If a prog I want to watch is on BBC I now watch on I player as the subtitles are usually a lot more watchable, ie no black background.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 16 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Ah well it seems no one at Virgin is interested!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 17 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Still not bothered Virgin?  New customer here, not impressed by all the issues I see completely unresolved since I last used you years ago.  Ceefax subtitles on a 4k tv.  Good work 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 18 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Well at some point this year the boxes will be changed to the new horizon software, I've no idea if it will fix the problem but it's in-house rather than 3rd party so it should be more flexible in getting fixes 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks