Menu
benfrew
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Stuttering sound across different channels, live or recorded.

See the clip here: https://youtu.be/xct_6jud43U

Sound is stuttering intermittently. Seems to switch depending on the footage. You can see here that during the clip section the sound is stuttering, but then when it returns to the studio the sound is fine. This is a common occurrence. Not just on Sky Sports, but lots of channels. It seems particularly common with adverts, for example. But it's also happened occasionally watching films via Netflix. It doesn't matter whether I'm watching something live or recorded, it can happen regardless.

I've obviously restarted the box, tried different audio options on the TV etc, but nothing makes a difference.

Any ideas - it's really starting to frustrate!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Stuttering sound across different channels, live or recorded.

A warm welcome to our Community Forum benfrew and sorry to hear about the sound issue when watching TV.

Can I ask whether you have more than one box and if so, does it happen on all or just one box? Have you tried a different HDMI slot on your TV so we can rule it out? I've found your details using the information we have on here and can see that there is a known fault with the audio during adverts. What I've done is raised a ticket so our 2nd line Fault Team can take a look. It can take up to 7 days for them to update the outage and I'm sorry about this.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
benfrew
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Thanks for the response. I've tried it in a different HDMI slot when it happens and it still happens. It's definitely most common during adverts. It was doing it this morning on an advert for sky movies - it would happen every time over the course of a couple of hours that that advert played. I thought it could be because certain footage is sending a different kind of audio signal - surround sound for example, but I've tried all settings on my TV and virgin box and it makes no difference.

I have a second box in my housemate's room, they say they haven't noticed it on that box but I wouldn't rule it out.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi benfrew,

Why don't you swap the boxes around to see if the fault follows the box?

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Lisa_CC
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for confirming for me. There is a known issue but with the ticket I've raised, I've added you to the affected list as they're still investigating it. We hope to get it resolved soon for you.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos