Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Stuck on welcome screen

Hi, my mother in law’s V6 Box won’t go past the welcome screen and after a while just turns off. 
It is making a noise like it’s trying to boot up but just shows the constant orange light. 
We’ve tried turning off the power and leaving it for a while before restarting but no joy. 
We’ve run the self testing through the web page but this says “your TV box is online” and “your tv box looks good”. 
This is clearly incorrect as it says exactly the same when we’ve run the test with the box switched off and all leads disconnected - what a fraud!  😞

Any ideas?  I suspect a fault with the box, probably the hard drive. I don’t look forward to spending hours trying to get through on the phone to book an engineer. 

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 box stuck on welcome loop

Same issue for us today. Whereabouts are you?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Stuck on welcome screen

Nothing to do with your location and everything to do with a failed box. The noise could well be a failed hard drive.

You could try using the text message service (07533 051809) but that might take a day or so. Calling in will likely be the quickest way.

If this will cause any genuine difficulties please post back.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you. We’ll get on the phone this morning. 
but how come the remote tests incorrectly show a working box even when it is disconnected?

is this an error with the system or just how Virgin fob off their customers with something that pretends to check but doesn’t?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Eventually got through on the phone. New box delivered. Now all working. 

0 Kudos