Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Stuck on welcome screen

Tv is stuck between welcome screen and starting up screen and every now and then this appears, all tests say my equipment is fine and there are no issues in my area, its been 3 hours now 20201020_073924.jpg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Stuck on welcome screen

The box is trying to download a firmware update. If it is still doing this after several hours, call faults & report it.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Is it just the customer service number I call or is there another one? I'm on hold at the moment and have been for half an hour so far 😔

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Jo26,

The number to call is  150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, options 1,1 and 2 (Faultsbut best to call at 8am to avoid call queues

When calling Faults you will go through a series of questions/tests, if that doesn't resolve the problem then call back around 10 minutes later and an agent should pick the phone up.

You could also try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of TV Faults to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Finally managed to get through, there is a fault with my box and they are going to send a new one 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi again Jo26,

Thanks for the update.

Stay safe and take care.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos