Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Stuck on starting up

Hi my V6 box has been stuck on the starting up screen for a day, unplugged it last night and only just plugged it back in now, (20 or so hours later)

It is booted to the same 'starting up' screen and got stuck again. So clearly there is an issue.

I have run tests on virgin website and it says my box is on and working fine.....I assure you, it is not. 

I have flashing lights which are white and then one flashes red and it keeps doing this same cycle of light flashing whilst stuck on the starting up screen.

I can see the fix is a new V6 box on other posts so here I am waving my flag of assistance required.

Not one for conspiracies,  but my TV has been fine for 6 years and two virgin engineers were working on my next door neighbours virgin line 4 hours before this fault occured......grassy knoll club time.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Stuck on starting up

Update.

Finally got through to the 1 person working on the phone lines (yes it's Covid but come on you didn't need to furlough EVERYONE) and have been sent a new V6 box, I think the chaps name was Mousab, I have to say he was exceptional with both his knowledge and customer service, a credit to the company.

Replacement V6 box installed and channels are working, however none of the apps are working?Do I need to activate the new box?  Does this mean another 2.5 hours on hold to sort this out......

Any help appreciated

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@azziswarbs wrote:

Replacement V6 box installed and channels are working, however none of the apps are working?Do I need to activate the new box?  Does this mean another 2.5 hours on hold to sort this out......

Your V6 box needs 2 connections. The co-ax carries your TV signals, the internet carries all your online functions.

So how is your box connected to your homehub - Ethernet (recommended) or WiFi?

Follow Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network. In the top-right, your connection status is reported - what is displayed?

This screen includes the "Connect to Virgin Media Services now" option to manually force a connection if appropriate.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Was wireless and got around 80% so it's wasn't that. 

Now on Ethernet (just to rule out) and still the same issue =

Try to open any app, it starts loading and then jumps back to the TV.

Forced a connection to the service, all results succeeded/passed/connected. 

Still the same....

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@japitts

Any help please? This is still a problem. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@azziswarbs wrote:

Try to open any app, it starts loading and then jumps back to the TV.

Forced a connection to the service, all results succeeded/passed/connected. 

The subject of this thread is "stuck on starting up", now you're saying the box has loaded up ok but it's just a problem with your apps?

Have you tried restarting the box?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos