Menu
KamN396
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Stuck in starting up loop, fails to actually start up

• Hello all,

• I was hoping you might be able to help me with a v6 box problem, it says starting up on the welcome screen, gets stuck there, then eventually reboots, and then gets to the starting up screen,  then rebooting again , in a loop, its been like it for 4 days now, ive unpowered and repowered the v6 box, checked all cables tried to reboot , the remote control buttons pressing has no effect on the v6 box it just stays in its loop.

I'm asking for help as I can't get through to book an engineer,  the system check service checks the v6 box gets to 32% and then declares that there is no problem with the box, the virginmedia.com help screens are useless and don't cover this issue .

Please help

Thankyou 

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Stuck in starting up loop, fails to actually start up

Hi KamN396,

Are you seeing any error messages?  If so please check here for possible solutions tv-error-codes 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
KamN396
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

There is no error messages, only a welcome screen first, then it says starting up showing the virginmedia tick, then its rebooting again back to the welcome screen and so on.

The light is Amber then white then back to Amber then white, also stuck in this loop.

I've done all of the usual plugging, unplugging,  checking of cables etc, still with no joy. 

Thanks all the same. 

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi again kamN396,

Have you looked at Check service status at the top of the page? You can also a run a test on your equipment from there.

If nothing is showing  you could also try the  Service Status number  0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
KamN396
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Dave , have run the test repeatedly and it says all is fine with the v6 box.

No service outages in the area.

0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi KamN396,

thanks for your post 🙂

I am sorry to hear you are having issues how have they been since your post? If they have not improved pop back and we can take a look into this for you 🙂
Thanks,

Zoie

0 Kudos
KamN396
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello, the problem was finally resolved after Gareth L booked an engineer visit for me, and the engineer gave me a new v6 box, I swapped out the bad 1 and it was returned to virginmedia.com as faulty. 

No problems since. 

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks for keeping us updated on this KamN396, it's much appreciated. If there's anything else we may be able to assist with please let us know.

Tom 

0 Kudos