Menu
Snakefighter
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Streaming service issues with TiVo box

*** EDIT! It's not a TiVo Box, it's a V6... Thanks to Japitt for putting me straight on this one!***

Hi everyone

I've got a TiVo box that's been having difficulty playing on-demand content from Amazon, Netflix and also the native "catch-up" service. When I try to play a video on Amazon Prime I get the following message:

Something went wrong... Please try again later. For more help, go to amazon.com/videohelp

Netflix:

We're having trouble playing this title at the moment. Please try again or select a different title ... tvq-pb-101 (5.2.12)

Catch-up:

The show is temporarily unavailable. <long message>... 603

This problem happens a lot (most days), and rebooting the box via the help menu fixes it every time. It's normally connected to the home network via wifi. Connecting with the ethernet cable (via powerline adpters) does not make a difference.

The only light on the front of the box is the white power indicator.

Any thoughts? From reading the other forum posts with similar issues, it looks like it's just an old box struggling under the weight of modern expectations, but I could be wrong!

All input gratefully received.

KR
Charlie

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Streaming service issues with TiVo box

Can you confirm which box you have? Only because you've mentioned Ethernet cables, which for the TiVo box aren't used for the internet connection.

Also the TiVo doesn't have WiFi, and a white power indicator suggests a V6 to me.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-box 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Snakefighter
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Streaming service issues with TiVo box

Hi Japitts

Apologies, it looks like I have a V6 box. The mentions of "TiVo" in the menus etc set me off down the wrong track.

Thank you for replying!

Charlie

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Streaming service issues with V6 box

No problem re the different boxes - the V6 runs TiVo software but, hardware wise, is a different beast entirely!

Are you using a 4K UHD TV? Or a Samsung TV?

@Snakefighter wrote:

From reading the other forum posts with similar issues, it looks like it's just an old box struggling under the weight of modern expectations, but I could be wrong!

The V6 is an extremely capable box, if that's what you're worried about.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Snakefighter
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I have a 4K UHD TV (LG, WebOS, from 2015). Usually, I connect via a Sony amp. Connecting directly to the TV does not seem to help. I've already tried switching the output to 1080p (turning off 2160), and that doesn't help, either.

Both the TV and audio recevier are HCDP compliant.

Thanks again for engaging.

Charlie

0 Kudos
Snakefighter
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks again to @japitts for sharing their wisdom. If you or anyone else has any suggestions, please do let me know, otherwise I'll get on the phone to support (wish me luck!)

Cheers

Charlie

0 Kudos
Snakefighter
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

OK, just to tidy this up...

I spoke to tech support on the phone, who remotely performed some sort of reset on my V6 box. Seems to have been working OK since.

Thanks again for the help.

Charlie

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Charlie,

Tthanks so much for the update, it's really appreciated. I'm pleased to hear this has now been resolved for you.

If you do need any further help please don't hesitate to get back in touch from here.

Have a fab weekend 🙂

Beth

0 Kudos