Menu
gonk-48
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Streaming V6 box not working

We can’t watch any streaming videos via our V6 box error V202 - tried rebooting hub and box twice - still not working - reported via text and 150 and no response - some videos can be watched on iPad via go app - internet has been ok and have also checked all settings on v6 box are ok 

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Streaming V6 box not working

Hi according to Virgins codes this one suggests maybe some work in your area, try 0800 561 0061 Virgin service status which is accurate down to postcode level. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

As per littlemick's reply & also https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-error-codes/v202 , is this only affecting one specific OnDemand programme? Or all your OnDemand?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
gonk-48
Joining in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Micky called the number and it said all working fine no issues in our area - could they have changed my contract terms I’m on mix tv contract? Thanks 

0 Kudos
gonk-48
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Ps we got a new box a few weeks ago (I think this might be reconditioned though as it doesn’t look new) could this be the issue?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Is this affecting all your OnDemand programmes, or just particular ones? If you're not sure, try a few different ones - different channels, different broadcasters etc.

And just confirm you definitely have a V6 box before we make assumptions? https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-box 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
gonk-48
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Yes tried different channels not working on any and yes it’s a v6 box

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

If you're getting V202 across the board, it may be worth trying different ways to access terrestrial CatchUp programmes, as they at least, should be inclusive to all.

Different ways..

1: Load the TV Guide, go back in time, press "OK" on a programme (ideally from non-BBC, that's an app) and "Watch from CatchUp".

2: Repeat the exercise for BBC-app-based.

3: Load the BBC iPlayer manually via Home > Apps > All apps.

With the BBC being an app, I'd expect that to work even if Virgin's OD doesn't. Has OnDemand ever worked for you before?

0 Kudos
gonk-48
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks but it’s an mtv programme - we were watching them ok up until a few days ago (streaming videos) that are saved within a series link 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Perhaps we have some crossed-wires.

As I understand your symptoms, you're getting the V202 error on all OnDemand programmes. What I'm trying to troubleshoot here, is whether this is also affecting programmes that should be inclusive on all packages, or to put it another way, have no reason to be chargeable/excluded (or whatever else) on some bundles.

If this happens in your case, then it's possible that your issue is one of "non of my OnDemand is working" which does change the "plan of attack" a little. If your issues are only affecting some programmes that may be package-dependent, the underlying cause could well be different.

Although I don't imagine it'll prove anything, what's the exact programme you're having issues with? I've got Maxit so should be able to view MTV-content, to at least rule an asset-specific issue out.

Apologies if I've misunderstood your issues.

0 Kudos