Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Streaming Setup stuck on Checking activation status

What am I doing wrong ? I've tried it on my phone. Tablet. IPad. All the same!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Streaming Setup stuck on Checking activation status

Not sure what you are trying to do, but if includes a "new" Hub or V6 box - they need to be "activated" before they will work - by calling the activation number that would be contained in the packaging.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

It's on the TV control app. As soon as you install it you are asked to set up a streaking device so you can watch your recordings.

Still not working for me 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Morning @chrisredmayne

Sorry to understand you're still having issues with the TV Control app many months later. 

When you have downloaded the app, are you able to log in using your MyVirginMedia information? 

Once you have logged it, it will then ask you to select the box that you wish to pair the app with (if you have more than one. This can be changed once set up has been done)

You do need to be at home with your box(es) in order to complete the set up. 

Once you have selected the correct box, you should then be able to go into MyShows and download shows to the device. Again, to download the shows to the device, you have to be connected to the box itself. Once downloaded you can then watch on the go 🙂 

You can find more information on the TV Control app here

For more troubleshooting with the TV Control app, you can check our Troubleshooting here

Please take a look and pop back if you have any further issues. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos