Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Streaming Recordings Issue

I have recently had a V6 box installed and have the TV Control App on my iPad.  My V6 box is set tho be always on and my app is setup for streaming, but it won’t stream anything.

When opening the app it reconnects a few times and then settles, but when trying to stream something I get a message saying “Out of home streaming is not permitted” but I am in the home, literally less then 10 feet above the V6 box. 

My V6 box is plugged in directly to my router, and I am connected by WiFi to the same router.  My Virgin modem is in modem only mode as the WiFi in it is too weak to cover even my modest house. 

Does anyone have any idea what I can do to resolve this?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Streaming Recordings Issue

Without knowing more about your exact network setup, it's difficult to be sure as you are not using the basic standard setup (which is not an issue).

Are both your wired and wireless networks sharing the same subnet? The V6 and tablet need to be connected to the same subnet to work.

If you're unsure of this, have you tried disconnecting the network cable from your V6 and connecting it to your network over wireless and testing if that configuration works?

Let us know how you get on.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos