Menu
mrtuft
Settling in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Streaming Apps Playback on V6

Wonder if anyone can help with the following or suggest a potential fix.

I have 2 x V6 boxes. The main box downstairs works fine, all aspects of it.  The second box upstairs has issues when using any of the streaming apps installed. No issues with regular TV playback.  Picture and sound stutters non stop when using all of the apps, Netflix, iPlayer, Prime, all of them.

It’s connected via Wi-Fi, but the V6 confirms 100% signal strength (using a mesh system with a box in the same room).  No Wi-Fi issues on any other devices in the same room, so streaming from an iPhone or iPad etc. works fine etc.  Just the streaming apps on the V6 that has the problem.

Too far away from router to test with Ethernet sadly.

Happy to raise a fault with  Irwin, but just in case I’m missing something obvious, thought I’d ask the real brains out there!

Cheers.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Streaming Apps Playback on V6

Does this affect OnDemand programmes, as opposed to app-based content?

Try swapping the boxes around - see if the issue follows the V6 or remains with the room/WiFi-environment. Then we know where to focus troubleshooting advice.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Streaming Apps Playback on V6

Hi mrtuft, thanks for posting.

Sorry to hear about the issues you've been having with your V6 box. I've taken a look into this using your forum info, and I can see there are some issues with the power levels which could be the cause of the problems you've been experiencing. 

I think it's best we arrange an engineer visit so everything can be checked over and corrected - please get back to me via PM and we'll get that sorted for you.

Tom 

0 Kudos