Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Ssme old useless equipment!

Is the V6 a DOWNGRADE or something???

Lasted like barely 3 days! Stuck on orange light. No restart/reset resolving it. And spent 45minutes on phone listening to boring music!

So my question is.. what should I do?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ssme old useless equipment!

Dud box. It happens. You just need it replaced.

I have had 2 of these boxes working in constant use for 2 years without any problems, so they are reliable.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

As a last shot try a reset.

Turn the V6 off with the "rocker " switch at the back of the box and unplug for 5 minutes. Plug it in again. Then, hold the + and standby buttons (on the front of the V6) together and then simultaneously turn the box on with rocker switch, keep the two buttons pressed, and wait till you see the welcome screen appear on the TV - then release the buttons.

See if that sorts it.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hey

Thanks for replying, much appreciated.

Tried the steps you posted and still no luck unfortunately.. spent another 30minutes in a never ending queue and gave up!! Havent got time to sit around listen to crappy songs. This was the main reason I left virgin 6 years ago.. due to there terrible boxes. Will have to try ringing over the weekend when I got time to sit around all day..

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Johnbe21,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am sorry for the TV issues. I can see that since posting you've spoke to the team and a technician is booked in for you. Please let me know how the visit goes and if you need anything further.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos