Menu
bteng
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sports package fees

Going forward, why aren’t bills reduced in Summer months when there is no premier league/top flight football on. I appreciate other sports may be live but clearly the money is driven by top flight football namely the premier league. Should there be a reduced bill during the ‘off season’ to reflect that? Similar to recent pandemic times.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sports package fees

No. if you do not want the sports channels you can remove hem or change your package.

As VM do not control the content the only contractual obligation they have to you is to deliver the channel not the content.

People have to pay for BT sport as part of the package even if they do not cate about sport. It's no different. You can't pay part costs because you don't like all the content. Its channel or no change
0 Kudos
bteng
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you. Further to that - can you pause the sports channels in the Summer months ? 

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

no. you can no longer pause the sports channels. next billing cycle you will be billed as normal in line with your contract
0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@bteng wrote:

Going forward, why aren’t bills reduced in Summer months when there is no premier league/top flight football on. I appreciate other sports may be live but clearly the money is driven by top flight football namely the premier league. Should there be a reduced bill during the ‘off season’ to reflect that? Similar to recent pandemic times.

You are lucky the billing is done the way it is. If you went by the principal of only paying for football when it is on your monthly charges would probably be in excess of £200 a month to make up the difference. There would also likely be a “lock in” that would tie you to subscribing for the whole season even if you were only interested in other sports. If you REALLY only want to pay for football the answer is a NOW TV box or dongle & buy a pass for what you want to watch. I believe Sky now “lock in” their own satellite customers for 12 months on the Sports channels to push those that don’t want it all year onto their NOW TV service.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Corinneangela
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Haha.. I'm the opposite.. I hate football, the only sport I specifically want to watch is F1, yet I have to pay all year for footie.. hardly fair really, but I accept it for what it is.