cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sound problems V6

ibbotson
Dialled in

The sound quality and volume levels from my V6 is terrible. Every program/recording has different level adjustments. I note there are a lot of complaints regarding this issue and Virgin should resolve the issue before price rises. I request Virgin to respond and look into this? I have been with Virgin for a long long time but seriously looking at other options now there is another price rise looming.

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Sometimes sound levels do vary between channels - SD vs HD can often be glaring example, but very occasionally between channels too. It's not necessarily Virgin's problem to resolve - it can be as much an issue with the broadcaster (which will affect all TV providers) as it is the platform.

Can you provide some specific examples of the issue you see, and maybe others can compare.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

It's not just sound level differences between channels, I'm getting sound level going up and down whilst watching a single program especially on recorded programmes. 

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi ibbotson

Sorry you have had to post this question 

What @japitts has advised is correct 

Its beyond our control 

Regarding your 2nd point the price rise 

While we know a price change is never welcome, with rising costs and customers using their services more than ever, need to continue investing to improve performance & reliability for everyone. We’re continuing to upgrade and improve our services to give our customers more. ^GT
Gareth_L

Hello Gareth

Sorry but I disagree with you.  All services companies are using the pandemic & brexit as an excuse to put there prices up.

Hi ibbotson, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this. I'm sorry to hear you feel this way. 

We have a great range of offers available to existing customers. If you would like to look at what we can do for you, please contact us and a member of our team will be able to make sure we get you everything you need. You can find and access all of our available contact options, including live chat, here.

Let us know how things go. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs