Menu
TonyWright1976
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Sound out of sync

Just switched to virgin from sky, just recently the sound is out sync with the picture, I have to reset the box to correct this, surely for £80 a month I shouldn’t have to keep doing this, has anybody else had this problem

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sound out of sync

If you've recently joined VM, you almost certainly won't have a V6 but a 360... can you confirm? Check here if you're not sure.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Molly_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi @TonyWright1976,

Welcome to the forums and many thanks for your post at the weekend. Sorry to hear of the syncing issue with your TV services.

Have you seen an improvement in this since your post or are you still requiring assistance with this? 

Let us know 🙂

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
TonyWright1976
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I would like some input please, as this syncing issue never happened with sky and it’s not the tv as that’s new

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi TonyWright1976,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your TV services looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration. I would be more than happy to look into this for you.

I just need to gain more info about the issue and your home setup so I can understand a little more 🙂

Can you tell me what set top box you have please? 

What make and model TV do you have? 

Can you check all connections to the set top box are tight as well as all the connections to the TV please? 

Is this Sync issue occurring on all channels including On Demand/Apps? 

Are there any picture quality issues along with the sound issues?

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos
TonyWright1976
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi yes happens on every channel, I have a v6 box the box you get with the oomph package, my tv is a LG 4K um7610plb.

I haven’t noticed it on any on demand service or apps

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Depending when you toook out the Oomph package and whether you were a brand new customer or existing VM customer migrating, you may not necessarily have the V6. Edit: I can see in your first post, you mention "just joined Virgin from Sky", but how recent is "just" - was this since December last year?

Can you check on https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-box and compare with yours? The V6 & 360 are the same physical kit but differ in many other ways. On the V6 home screen, you'll see  a "TiVo" logo just next to the video preview in the top-left that isn't on 360.

The 2 boxes run totally different software, so some of the advice - even if it's just the location of menu options - may well differ.

I've got a couple of other thoughts to potentially explore, but let's clarify your box as best we can, first.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Sasha_W
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi @TonyWright1976

Thanks for coming back to us, 

I will pop you over a PM so we can look into this further for you. 

Please look out for the purple envelope at the top right hand corner of your screen as that will take you to PM's  🙂 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos